In a previous existence, my Monday mornings would follow a similar pattern.
- Commute – made more bearable because I was fresh from the weekend
- Walk to the office – grab coffee and maybe a pick me up on the way
- Arrive! Greeted by hellos and queries of my weekend activities
- Get into my office, unpack bag and have team in for a quick chat and catch up before we determine the week ahead
- Refuel with more coffee mid-morning, and on way go and chat to my peers for same catch up
Now, my Monday’s look like this….
- Meditate, journal and set my intentions
- Rush the kids out the door to school and maybe bump into some other parents
- Make my own coffee and start work
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE running my own business, but this morning strangely, I missed my old routine. And when I pondered on it some more, I realised that in fact, it’s not the routine I miss, it’s that social contact and inquiry into my life.
And does all the other great stuff – freedom, flexibility, total control over one’s destiny and a much more stress free life, yet making more money make up for it? I think yes, and I also think how grateful I am for that chance to check in this morning and make sure.
How do you feel about your transition – is there anything you miss?